10 Poly Stock Tank
Poly Stock Tank – Rectangular Secondary Containment
What is a Poly Stock Tank?
A poly stock tank is a rectangular container made from durable polyethylene material, primarily used for secondary containment purposes. It provides a cost-effective and versatile solution for storing liquids, including water, chemicals, and agricultural products. As the name suggests, it is commonly utilized in farming and ranching applications to meet various needs.
Why Choose a Poly Stock Tank?
There are several reasons why individuals prefer using poly stock tanks:
- Durability: Poly stock tanks are built to withstand heavy-duty use and harsh weather conditions. The high-quality polyethylene construction ensures long-lasting performance.
- Flexibility: These tanks offer versatility in terms of their usage. They can be employed as water troughs for livestock, storage containers for liquids, or even as small swimming pools for recreational purposes.
- Easy Installation: Poly stock tanks are relatively easy to set up and require minimal assembly. They can be conveniently placed in desired locations, making them a convenient choice for farmers and homeowners alike.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to other types of storage tanks, poly stock tanks are affordable options that offer great value for money. They have a long lifespan, requiring minimal maintenance and replacement costs.
- Chemical Resistance: Polyethylene material provides excellent resistance to a variety of chemicals, ensuring that the stored liquids remain safe without the risk of leakage or contamination.
Steps to Properly Use a Poly Stock Tank:
Follow these steps to ensure the correct utilization of a poly stock tank:
- Choose the Right Size: Consider your specific requirements and select the appropriate size of the poly stock tank. It should accommodate the desired volume of liquid without overflowing.
- Prepare the Location: Clear the designated area and ensure it is flat and stable. Remove any debris or obstructions that may hinder the tank’s placement.
- Level the Tank: Use a leveling tool to ensure that the tank is placed horizontally. This is crucial to prevent any strain or damage to the tank’s structure.
- Connect the Water Source: If the tank is intended for use as a water trough, connect it to a suitable water source. Ensure proper plumbing connections to avoid any leakage.
- Maintain Water Quality: Regularly clean and sanitize the poly stock tank to prevent the growth of algae or bacteria. This will not only keep the water safe for the animals but also extend the tank’s lifespan.
- Monitor Liquid Levels: Check the liquid levels in the tank regularly, especially during hot weather conditions. Refill when necessary to ensure a continuous supply of water, if being used for livestock.
Tips for Maximizing the Use of a Poly Stock Tank:
Consider these tips to make the most out of your poly stock tank:
- Insulate the Tank in Cold Weather: In regions with freezing temperatures, insulate the tank to prevent the water from freezing. This can be achieved by using insulation material or placing a floating cover over the water surface.
- Position the Tank with Shade: If the tank will be exposed to direct sunlight, positioning it in a shaded area can help prevent excessive heating of the stored liquid. This is particularly important in hot climates.
- Secure the Tank: Ensure that the tank is securely anchored to prevent any movement or damage caused by strong winds or animals.
- Regularly Check for Leaks: Inspect the tank for any signs of leakage, such as unusual moisture on the ground or a decrease in liquid levels. Promptly address any issues to avoid wastage and potential contamination.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Poly Stock Tanks:
Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of poly stock tanks can help you make an informed decision:
|1. Durable construction.||1. Limited aesthetics.|
|2. Versatile usage options.||2. Limited color options.|
|3. Easy to install and relocate.||3. May require additional UV protection in sunny climates.|
|4. Cost-effective compared to alternative options.||4. Limited customization options.|
|5. Excellent chemical resistance.||5. Some models may have limited capacity.|
Best Poly Stock Tank Models:
When choosing a poly stock tank, consider these popular models:
- Poly Stock Tank – Rectangular Secondary Containment: This model, pictured above, offers a rectangular shape with a secondary containment feature. It is ideal for storing liquids safely and meets various regulatory requirements.
- GASC 10′ Poly Tank: The GASC poly tank provides a 10′ length, making it suitable for larger water storage needs. Its robust construction ensures durability and long-term reliability.
- 10′ Hastings Poly Stock Tank: The Hastings poly stock tank, available at Gebo’s, is another recommended option. With a capacity of 10′, it provides ample space for agricultural, industrial, or residential uses.
Choose the model that best fits your specific requirements and enjoy the benefits of a durable and versatile poly stock tank!